akonadiserver lockup with sqlite

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jan 15 10:07:04 GMT 2017

On dimanche 15 janvier 2017 01:37:06 CET Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> Fixed in 6adadc171c24cdf53258939034fc213418d9e9b7. I accidentally introduced
> the deadlock recently by forgetting to commit/rollback a transaction in one
> early-return case. If the transaction acquired an exclusive lock on the
> table then the query in the backtrace above was blocked forever, hopelessly
> waiting for the SearchManager to release the lock so it can acquire it
> (it's a BEGIN TRANSACTION query).
>
> This does not affect MySQL/PSQL in the particular case thanks to those two
> having more fine-grained locking mechanisms than SQLite, but in the real
> world it would probably lead to lock timeout errors.

Great, thanks for the fix.
I wonder if this will fix the real-world problems I'm seeing where KMail gets stuck in an
ItemFetchJob sometimes (and then of course nothing works anymore, no new emails appear, deleted emails don't disappear etc.).
We'll see. Otherwise I'll keep debugging that one.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5