BC breakage: MessageFactory removed

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 26 21:47:35 GMT 2017

On dimanche 26 février 2017 19:08:22 CET laurent Montel wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 février 2017, 16:28:26 CET David Faure a écrit :
> > commit 242fb36
> > Author: Montel Laurent <montel at kde.org>
> > Date:   Fri Feb 10 13:51:28 2017 +0100
> >
> >     Remove old class
> >
> > [...]
> > -class MESSAGECOMPOSER_EXPORT MessageFactory
> > [...]
> >
> > It is (obviously) BIC+SIC to remove an exported class that was defined in
> > public header.
> >
> > Is libKF5MessageList.so considered released and stable and usable by
> > third-party programs?
>
> Nope
> Any kdepim*lib is considered as stable.

I suppose you meant NOT stable :-)

OK, thanks for the confirmation.

I really wish these libs weren't called libKF5* if they don't include SC/BC
promises, it's even more of a lie then, and it gives bad reputation to the
real KF5 in case anyone gets hit by such a SC breakage.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5