"Retrieving Folders..." hang and a possible solution

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:11:46 GMT 2017

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:34:08 PM EST Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> On Sunday, February 5, 2017 1:52:59 PM AKST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> > Il giorno Sun, 05 Feb 2017 11:27:06 +0100
> >
> > Martin Steigerwald <martin at lichtvoll.de> ha scritto:
> > > 2) Selecting all mails in one folder in order to move tham or do
> > > something else with them. It already takes several seconds of KMail
> >
> > FTR: With regards to IMAP, currently Akonadi does copy+delete, but 17.04
> > will bring actual move (if supported by the IMAP server) so things
> > should be faster on the IMAP side.
>
> Just a quick note...please do not use Ubuntu version numbers, but use KDE
> and KMail version numbers so we know which version you're referring to. :)

And for the interested, which versions of which components are we talking
about for that feature? I.e. I'm running Kontact 5.2.3 with KDE Frameworks
5.28.0, Qt 5.6.1 (built against 5.6.1), on the xcb windowing system. (Though I
don't imagine the version of Qt or Frameworks will make a difference here.)