T6854: Modernizing Kontact

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 23 19:38:02 BST 2017

dvratil added a comment.

  I've been using this no-lines folder view for several weeks now (since Akademy, where I started playing with this) and I do have a lot of subfolders and quite a deep tree structure, but I had no problems orienting myself in the tree - the indentation feels like good enough to not get lost. In any case, we can always keep the current folder view as a configurable option - it's just switching the view delegate, so it's easy.

  The vertical color bar: I could swear there's sometimes a rectangle injected into the message to switch the modes, but haven't realized there's no other way to switch back - I'll look into adding a switch button into the header part of the message - for one it will look nicer, and secondly it will allow toggling plain text/HTML in nested messages as well....

  No frames: I'll try the narrow-line separators that the new System Settings uses - I actually quite like that.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854