T6854: Modernizing Kontact

Andreas Kainz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 23 19:58:37 BST 2017

andreaska added a comment.

  For the sidebar with the mail folders I have something in mind like places and folders widget in dolphin.

  F3874066: KontactFolderbar.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3874066>

  most users didn't use mail folders that much so the panel view will have usefull groups for them (simple by default) and for the advanced users how will use a lot of different folders there is the folder view. how this folder view will look like, I didn't care like in the new or old layout everything is fine. It would be awesome to integrate also the calendar, contacts, popup notes, feeds into the panel than you didn't need to have the switch sidebar.

  Places Sidebar Sections:

  Importend

  - unread
  - Importend
  - Flagged
  - Attachments
  - Contacts
  - popup notes
  - some usefull dynamic folders and also "folders" from the other apps so you didn't need an additional sidebar

  Places

  - show all bookmarked folders how will bookmarked by the user

  Recent

  - Today
  - Yesterday
  - This Month
  - it's a search for mails from Today, ...

  Users

  - Girlfriend
  - Mom
  - Show some users (or bookmarked users) where you will write a lot

  Search For

  - Attachments

  Feeds

  - planet kde
  - reddit

  Accounts

  - gmail
  - office
  - Show the inbox of the accounts

  you can show/hide everything like in dolphin.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854