D7056: Fix bug #378513: akregator crash on session restore

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 1 22:11:29 BST 2017

mtijink created this revision.
mtijink added a project: KDE PIM.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I think this fixes bug #378513. The bug occurred (during session restore) when the code tries to cast to a `WebFrameEngine`, but since the main frame has already been deleted, this fails.

  Using this code, the `MainWidget` removes the main frame from the frame manager before it's deleted. I'm not sure this fully fixes the original problem, but I do not have crashes anymore with this diff. Note: I only tested it on the Applications/17.4 branch, since master required compiling lots of packages, so you may want to test it on master first.

TEST PLAN
  No crashes anymore for me. I could replicate the original bug by trying to restore from a session.

REPOSITORY
  R201 Akregator

BRANCH
  fix_bug_378513