EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredItemChanged

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Apr 22 17:47:54 BST 2017

On Samstag, 22. April 2017 14:33:25 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:02:11 PM CEST Martin Koller wrote:
> > On Samstag, 22. April 2017 13:00:21 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > > On Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:27:48 AM CEST Martin Koller wrote:

> > I found out now that (in case of the akonadi_mailfilter_agent) the ETM
> > receives the item, but in monitoredItemAdded() it is not inserted into the
> > QHash since the function returns at
> >
> >     //Adding items to not yet populated collections would block fetchMore,
> > resulting in only new items showing up in the collection //This is only a
> > problem with lazy population, otherwise fetchMore is not used at all if
> > ((m_itemPopulation == EntityTreeModel::LazyPopulation) &&
> > !m_populatedCols.contains(collection.id())) { return;
> >     }
> >
> > hmmm ... does this ring a bell ?
>
> Nice find! And monitoredItemChanged() does not take the lazy population in
> account, thus printing the warning. So the fix would be to simply add the same
> lazy population check to monitoredItemChanged() and simply ignore the change

ok, patch attached.
Still 2 questions:
- I assume this has to be checked also in the other methods, e.g. monitoredItemUnlinked, monitoredItemRemoved ?
- some of these methods do not have the collection as argument. Can I assume that in these cases
  the parentCollection() is always valid ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at