ItemFetchJob / ItemCreateJob Answer ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Apr 27 19:11:57 BST 2017

Hi,

analyzing the problem with the "multiple merge candidates" I see that when kmail asks for a mail to be displayed,
it does this via an ItemFetchJob, however, maildir answers to the retrieveItems() request with
an ItemCreateJob in ResourceBase::itemsRetrieved(), which I find strange.

Isn't there a possibility to answer just with some "here is the mail" response without
even getting into the problem in the akonadi server of having to check if there are "multiple merge candidates" ?

Of course this would not solve the initial problem of having these multiple entries in the DB, but at least
when kmail asks for an id, which is in the DB, which the resource can also read from disk, then I find
it at odds that the akonadi server prevents the answer being sent back to kmail, just because this mechanism
is trying to create/merge the item, which it should not need to.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at