EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredItemChanged

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Apr 22 13:02:11 BST 2017

On Samstag, 22. April 2017 13:00:21 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:27:48 AM CEST Martin Koller wrote:

> > In EntityTreeModelPrivate::monitoredItemChanged it issues a warning when a
> > received item is not known in the internal QHash.
> > However I think it does not make sense to issue this warning, since a mail
> > fetching resource (like my test or a POP resource, etc.)
> > will not have the items it receives from the server in the hash ever. Am I
> > right ?
>
> The way the "flow" is, is:
>
> 1) POP3 Resource runs ItemCreateJob
> 2) Akonadi server creates the PimItem, sends ItemCreated notification to all
> 3) All email agents, applications and their ETMs that watch emails get the new
> Item
> 4) Some agent or client changes the Item through ItemModifyJob
> 5) Akoandi server processes the changes, sends ItemModified notification to all
> 6) All email agents, applications and their ETMs that watch emails get the
> notification
>
> Expected: ETMs process the change
> Reality: ETMs complain about the "stale notification"
>
> This leads me to believe that the real problem is either in step 2 or step 3.

I found out now that (in case of the akonadi_mailfilter_agent) the ETM
receives the item, but in monitoredItemAdded() it is not inserted into the QHash
since the function returns at

    //Adding items to not yet populated collections would block fetchMore, resulting in only new items showing up in the collection
    //This is only a problem with lazy population, otherwise fetchMore is not used at all
    if ((m_itemPopulation == EntityTreeModel::LazyPopulation) && !m_populatedCols.contains(collection.id())) {
        return;
    }

hmmm ... does this ring a bell ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at