[Differential] [Accepted] D1639: Implement opportunistic encryption

aheinecke (Andre Heinecke) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 30 13:49:24 BST 2016

aheinecke accepted this revision.
aheinecke added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1639#53747, @dvratil wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1639#53746, @aheinecke wrote:
  >
  > > I think we should untoggle encryption though if a recipient is selected for whom encryption is "Kleo::Impossible"
  >

  > You mean not encrypt the email at all if all the recipients are `Kleo::Impossible`, or even if only one is `Kleo::Impossible`?

  Even if only one is Impossible. If the Key Selection dialog comes up we don't think its user friendly anymore. The goal is to be unobtrusive as possible by default and if a user wants to override that e.g. by explicitly encrypting to a key where the user ID does not match the mail he can still push the encrypt button.

  We want to encrypt by default if possible and not always encrypt.

  > This should fix the icon showing and then disappearing after a couple of seconds.

  Indeed, I tested and it works now. Thanks.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1639