Unread mail count from qdbus

CoD cod at cod-web.net
Mon Oct 17 08:28:18 BST 2016

Thank you!

Yes org.kde.StatusNotifierItem.Status is not reliable on my current version
but... the ToolTip text is! :-)

I'm using this:

qdbus --literal org.kde.StatusNotifierItem-$(pidof kontact)-1
/StatusNotifierItem org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get
org.kde.StatusNotifierItem ToolTip | cut -b78-88

to find out if there are unread mails or not; it returns a localized text so it
cannot be exported as "the solution", but it could be "a solution"

Now I can get my script know if there are unread mails awaiting and I get
conky notify them too.

Thank you again! :-)

CoD