KDE PIM master now requires gpgme-1.7

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Wed Oct 12 22:47:30 BST 2016

Hi all,

as of now KDE PIM master depends on GpgME 1.7.1 (git master currently, will be
released soon). GpgME master is available on KDE CI and can be built through
kdesrc-build (kdesrc-build gpgme).

As announced last month [0] we have upstreamed GpgME++ (C++ bindings for
GpgME) and QGpgME (Qt bindings for GpGME) to the GpgME project and 1.7 is the
first released which features those bindings.

The upstreaming process unfortunatelly required some source-incompatible
changes, so old KDE PIM cannot be built against GpgME++/QGpgME 1.7 (can still
be built against GpgME++/QGpgME from our gpgmepp.git repo though). Since the
upstreamed bindings contain some new API that we want to use in KDE PIM, we
have ported KDE PIM master to the new API and thus KDE PIM master now requires
GpgME 1.7.1 and can no longer be compiled against GpgME++/QGpgME from
gpgmepp.git.

This means that KDE PIM in KDE Applications 16.12 will require GpgME >= 1.7.1
compiled with the C++ and Qt bindings enabled. We are sorry for the
inconvenience for packagers, but we hope that it is still early enough for
everyone to get the new GpgME.

Let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Daniel

[0] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2016-September/009732.html

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683