KDE PIM master now requires gpgme-1.7

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Oct 19 21:01:52 BST 2016

Hi,

On Monday 17 October 2016 12:42:24 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:52:56 PM Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > This means that KDE PIM in KDE Applications 16.12 will require GpgME >=
> > 1.7.1 compiled with the C++ and Qt bindings enabled. We are sorry for the
> > inconvenience for packagers, but we hope that it is still early enough
> > for everyone to get the new GpgME.
> >
> > Let us know if there are any issues.

I second the apologies, I think we should have waited until KDEPIM could be
built against released sources before merging the change, but what's done is
done.

> You should know that gpgme-1.7.0 tarballs are bad since they do not install
> abstractinfojob.h Dan says the problem is fixed in the git source, but I
> don't think there's an official release fixing the issue yet.

No, there is gpgme-1.7.1 already, which was rushed out especially because of
such problems. You can get it here:

https://gnupg.org/download/index.html

Again, apologies but I think we are taking gpgme in the right direction by
including language bindings (not just c++ and qt) directly in the package.
It was also mentioned in the Readme of Gpgmepp that this would be the ultimate
goal for this library.

Regards,
Andre

--