[Differential] [Commented On] D3203: icalformat: remove QByteArray->QString->QByteArray roundtrip.

dfaure (David Faure) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 31 13:26:51 GMT 2016

dfaure added a comment.

  Well, this time I believe you are right, but it seems like a high price to pay for the 99% cases where everything is fine (a useless roundtrip conversion), just to detect earlier a possible 1% of broken files (which are broken anyway). And actually the error message might be better after this patch than before (where invalid data just gets mangled by the utf8 encoding/decoding)... (depends on what libical does).

  I do not believe in making everything slower just to change the error handling for an invalid case (and not necessarily for the better).

  I can accept the argument that a unittest for what happens to invalid non-utf8 data should be added. This runs the risk that I lose motivation for this patch though ;-)

REPOSITORY
  rKCALENDARCORE KCalendar Core

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3203