KIMAP2

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Tue Nov 15 14:20:40 GMT 2016

Il giorno Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:13:09 +0100
Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> ha scritto:

Hello,

> want to keep KIMAP around (I assume you do), I suggest we release it
> from a stable branch "kimap", as I would like to move master to
> kimap2. If that causes large problems with the way things are

From my opinion, what would be the only ready-user of KIMAP2? Kube?
Then, I'm not part of PIM people and just a casual observer, but I'd
suggest NOT to migrate master to kimap2 unless at least reviews to port
the easy bits or a porting guide is published.

IOW: I think that moving master to a lib without any users ported is a
bad idea. But it is your (as in "PIM people") code.

And let's not forget the CI: this will likely break everything although
the build metadata can be adjusted, probably.

Applications 16.12 is about to get branched... I would suggest *at the
very least* to wait until feature freeze kicks in and stuff is branched
before doing something like that. It would at least spare an additional
branch.