KDiagram

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Nov 4 11:57:37 GMT 2016

Hi,

Am Freitag, 28. Oktober 2016, 16:49:50 CET schrieb Dag:
> KGantt:
> Printing on multiple pages seems to be possible only "horizontally" as I
> can specify a time span to print.
> However, if I have more tasks than can fit on one page "vertically" the
> printout is scaled to fit the page. I can't see how I can split this on
> multiple pages.
> I think this requires new API.
>
> Zooming in/out switches between different time scales to make it easier
> for user to see where he is. The switching isn't optimal most notably in
> the low end (Day/Hour) and in the high end (Year/Month). Inge made a
> very useful layout for Year/Day in 2.x but KDAB has totally rewritten
> this part of the code so we can't use it :(
> They have also added api to add a custom layout, which could be useful,
> but maybe we should make it possible to set layouts for all cases.
> I would suspect kontact would have an issue with the Day/Hour layout
> too.

Currently I have just subscribed to working on release management of KDiagram,
no time available for working on KGantt itself. So allow me to forward this
discussion to the PIM people and also Andreas, hoping for some synergy :)

(Context: Calligra Plan, a project management program, where Dag is author &
maintainer, uses KGantt from KDiagram. See https://calligra.org/plan/)

Cheers
Friedrich