[Differential] [Commented On] D3140: Add formatters for application/pgp-keys and application/vnd.gnupg.wks body parts

bjoernbalazs (Bjoern Balazs) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 8 18:10:29 GMT 2016

bjoernbalazs added a comment.

  Sorry for the long delay in answering.

  Dan, we are both right I guess. So we will loose too many people when we ask them to do too much (in this case anything), esp. as people do not expect to have to confirm anything. On the other hand I can clearly see the WTF moment and the consequences you outlined.

  So, how to bring these together?

  How about keeping the whole stuff automated, like outlined from me, but - instead of requiring actions from the user - present them a dialogue that basically describes what has happend? Something like:

  Upload of your public keys has been successfully finished. KMail automatically confirmed you as the owner of your keys. In the scope of this process the confirmation mail from your provider has been answered and both  - your providers mail and your answer - have been deleted. (Obviously a draft in wording)

  Does this solve the problem?

  We really need to reduce the needed user interactions as much as possible. In an unexpected situation (no user expects that additional step(s)) drop-out rates might go up to something like 70% on any needed interaction (it is hard to predict though for our use-case). Esp. in handling emails everyone learns not to click on any dubious links and to delete suspicious emails.

  Concluding: any effort invested in reducing them will be extremely beneficial to reach our project goals.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIMADDONS KDE PIM Addons

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3140