KIMAP2

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Tue Nov 15 19:36:40 GMT 2016

Il giorno Tue, 15 Nov 2016 18:07:27 +0100
Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> ha scritto:

> I do *NOT* want to make KIMAP2 a framework in the foreseeable future.
> KIMAP2 will be released as separate library.

Before I spoke as a KDE contributor, now I'll wear my distro hat,
after thinking about it some more: having a lib taken from master that
no one in the same repo hierarchy uses is pure madness from a pacakging
perspective, when you need to track what's going on.

A similar topic is libkolab, where the plethora of branches and
versions confused me quite a bit when finding one that would work
with the KF5 PIM. I would not want to repeat that experience.

So -2 to have it in master, at least from a packager's perspective.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B