KIMAP2

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 15 17:07:27 GMT 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016, at 05:56 PM, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 17:44:37 CET laurent Montel wrote:
> > Le mardi 15 novembre 2016, 16:30:17 CET Christian Mollekopf a écrit :
> > > I'm very open for feedback but there is no requirement for me to have
> > > all my code reviewed (It's certainly good practice,
> > > but this doesn't make KIMAP2 unreleasable).
> >
> > I don't see how you can ask to put as framework if nobody can review easily
> > your code :)
>
> To clarify: I think what Christian does *NOT* want KIMAP2 in KDE
> Frameworks.

Indeed, thank you Kevin.

I do *NOT* want to make KIMAP2 a framework in the foreseeable future.
KIMAP2 will be released as separate library.

However, I also don't want to keep anyone from offering KIMAP(1) via
frameworks as a stable and battle-tested implementation that doesn't
change. I have no interest in that effort, but from other discussions I
got others have, so I don't mean to stand in their way either.

Cheers,
Christian