[Kde-pim] Proper way to sync collection moves

Krzysztof Nowicki krissn at op.pl
Tue May 10 11:07:19 BST 2016

Hi,

I've been debugging some collection sync issues in the EWS resource and I wonder
what is the correct way to tell Akonadi that a collection was moved.

What happens now is that when I move a folder from one parent to another I
receive a notification from Exchange that the moved folder has changed. This
triggers a collection tree sync for the resource. The EWS resource then
retrieves the details about the folder including the new parent collection. It
then creates an empty local collection for the folder, populates it with data
and also creates an empty collection for the parent folder only to give an
indication about the parent remote id. Finally it uses
collectionsRetrievedIncremental() to deliver the updated collection.

Unfortunately what I see is that Akonadi creates a new collection under the new
parent instead of reparenting the existing collection. The old collection is not
deleted, which leads to two collections with the same remote id. I was expecting
that it would figure out that there is already an existing collection with the
same remote id and would update it instead of creating a new one.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Regards
Chris