[Kde-pim] [KIMAP] What signal is emitted when SomeJob is finished ?

Aditya Sharma aditya.sharma15696 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:07:11 BST 2016

Hey !

I looked through the KIMAP API online. I saw that, KIMAP::Job inherits
KIMAP::Job, and KIMAP::<Other>Job inherit KIMAP::Job

One thing I could not figure out, was that which signal is emitted when
<SomeJob> is finished.

Take LoginJob[1] for example. It inherits KIMAP::Job publicly, which
inherits KJob publicly. Signal, finished(KJob*, QPrivateSignal) belongs to
just KJob, since it's children cannot access it, essentially because moc
removes the QPrivateSignal struct. The apidocs doesn't have this bit of
info about QPrivateSignal so I got related the build errors.

Similarly, result(KJob*, QprivateSignal) is also a private signal in KJob.
I do have a emitResult(), a protected utility but that needs to be called
with an object.

I need to make valid QObject::connects , to dependent jobs.

[1]:
https://api.kde.org/4.x-api/pim-apidocs/kimap/html/classKIMAP_1_1LoginJob.html

Thanks
Aditya