[Kde-pim] [Differential] [Updated] D1639: Implement opportunistic encryption

dvratil (Daniel Vrátil) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 21 11:24:43 BST 2016

dvratil added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aheinecke wrote in kmcomposerwin.cpp:3275
> Let's put this in libkleo. Makes sense for me in Kleopatra to reuse the same icons and strings I have some string changes (e.g. trust are different things in OpenPGP) and there will probably be more changes once our testers look at this.
> That way when we add new trust model's it will work directly. I'll add API for this now.
>
> I'm also unsure what to say here exactly and what to show.  I'll talk to Björn Balasz about this tommorow.

I checked the strings you added in https://phabricator.kde.org/D1642, and I think the strings there make sense as tooltips for the validity icon when used in Kleopatra or other crypto software. I would however find them useless as tooltips to the icons here, because they don't explain what the icon means in *this* context, i.e. that the email will be sent to this particular recipient encrypted with the key. I don't think that you can craft the strings in libkleo in a way that would work everywhere (e.g. both here in composer and in a crypto dialog somewhere in Kleopatra) while still being helpful. I think it would be better to stick with custom more explanatory strings here (we are targeting users with no or very limited knowledge of crypto after all), and I can just use Formatting::iconForUid() to get the icon (so we are consistent across applications in the used icons).

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIM KDE PIM

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1639