[Kde-pim] [Differential] [Commented On] D1991: Show a visual component to switch between text/html view for alternative mails

colomar (Thomas Pfeiffer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 24 13:22:09 BST 2016

colomar added a comment.

  > Oh interessting - i only saw the sidebar only as feedback element not that I can click at it. That's where I started - there is no element to switch between boths modes. One other thing is, that if we have a attached mail with additionally an second alternative part, the sidebar only can switch globaly between html/text for every type. With my  implementation way we could do this granualr for every alternative part. IMO thinks that the sidebar is too far away from the actualy content. But I could implement a sidebar directly at the left side of the content.

  If even members  of the team don't know about the interactivity, that does show that we have to make it more clear, indeed :)

  Okay, switching modes separately for attached emails makes sense. I would only show it inline if there are actually multiple alternative parts, however (which I guess is rather the exception than the norm?).

  The common use case is either you want to see a mail as plain text or as HTML (or actually the most common one is that you show it as plain text by default and then want to switch to HTML if the plain text part isn't really useful, once you've shown it as HTML there is rarely a reason to switch back to plain).

REPOSITORY
  rMESSAGELIB PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1991