[Kde-pim] Akonadi start fails with too many QSQL forks

a.gungl at gmx.de a.gungl at gmx.de
Fri Jun 10 07:13:29 BST 2016

Hi, since a few days I cannot access my messages. It is certainly related to updates of my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed system.
When Akonadi starts, it creates way to many processes to access the MySQL database. They terminate saying they could not connect to the DB. During that time, the process limit gets exceeded!
Initially I thought, any update oft the MySQL Server would create a compatibility problem in the database files. However I've verified the server starts correctly and I can access the data in the database without problems in a MySQL client. So it musst be related to a change in how Akonadi tries to access it's database.

Do you habe an idea how to workaround this problem? Having no access to local mails is terrible. Even if I can access them in the file system, my family can't.

Sorry if this is the wrong list. I think it's quite technical problem, not user related.
Best regards, Andreas