[Kde-pim] Tomboy resource: Write access

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Jul 2 11:46:58 BST 2016

On Saturday, 2016-06-25, 13:41:35, Stefan Staeglich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for you answer. It helped a lot.
>
> I have two another question. Reading the notes in KJots provokes often an
> UploadJob although there aren't any real changes.

In this case I might be better to check why KJots modifies the item at all.

> I hoped that the second
> parameter parts of the method
> itemChanged(const Akonadi::Item &item, const QSet<QByteArray> &parts)
> could help, but the content don't seems to be different if there are real
> changes. Or have I overseen something?

Akonadi can only forward what it was told about changes.
So if the client claims that it has changed the content of an item, this is
what the resource gets told.

> An is it possible to create an String like 2009-04-19T21:29:23.2197340-07:00
> with QDateTime containing the same informations?

That looks like date + time + timezone offset, which should be possible with
QDateTime::toString() plus possibly QTimeZone

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring