[Kde-pim] release libkgapi

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jul 24 10:19:51 BST 2016

On samedi 23 juillet 2016 14:27:35 CEST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey Dan,
>
> libkgapi is not part of KDE Applications, so you need to release it
> separately.

Shouldn't we make it part of the KDE Applications release instead ?

This would make things much simpler for compiling KDEPIM.

The fact that it's separate also just gave me an issue when trying to switch
all modules defined in kf5-kdepim-build-include to Applications/16.08.
That one module doesn't have such a branch, breaking my build (OK prison
doesn't either but for that one we have a plan, moving it to KF5).

IMHO extragear is stuff that is "on top" of KF5 + KDE Applications.
Having KDE Applications depend on extragear seems circular (or at least wrong
layering) to me. Unless maybe I'm missing recent developments about
extragear's role, everything above KF5 is a bit of a blur to me ;)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5