[Kde-pim] help: blocking issue with akonadi/kmail 15.12.1

Con Hennessy con.hennessy at openapp.ie
Fri Jan 29 12:37:40 GMT 2016

Hi,
  I have akonadi/kmail 15.12.1, but it seems that it may not be ready
for daily use :(

I've been a long time KMail user and do not want to have to move to
another client.

The problem I have is that it looks like akonadi/KMail displays
undeletable email.
When I use another client and look at the same IMAP server I do not see
such messages, so
I know that it is an akonadi issue.

This problem has occurred only since updating to 15.12.1 and kmail5.
However co-incidentally
I also exceeded my IMAP space quota. I'm not sure how much if any of the
issue has come
from this, but that quota has now been completely lifted.

Unfortunately my kmail5 woes continue.

Also  akonadiconsole does not seem to be able to browse the mails -
there is a busy cursor,
but nothing is loaded into any of the tabs.

I've used kdebugdialog to enable what I think are the relevant debugging
options and see :
log_imapresource: Detected inconsistency in local cache, we're missing
some messages. Server:  62  Local:  -1

How do I resolve this ?

One thing I see is that the task list for my IMAP resource always shows
a ChangeReplay task which never seems to complete.

In my desperation I've also looked at the mysql database. I've see the
following but don't know if it is relevant.
the last item in the pimitemtable has a size of 5040915, but there is
nothing in the parttable for it even though the mimtype is message/rfc822

Please help.