[Kde-pim] Kube Hangouts - 2016

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Tue Jan 19 15:31:38 GMT 2016

Hello PIM people,

we started the Kube (former kontact -quick) hangouts last week again.
Our new years resolution is to make them more visible and report on
our progress more frequently.

Feel free to join us tomorrow (Wednesday) at 16:00 CEST for our next meeting.

Cheers

M.

# Weekly Kontact Quick Hangout

Time: January 13

Present: Christian, Michael, Aaron

# Agenda
* Akonadi Next rename
* Progress
* Ux
* Blogging/Mails
* Documentation
* Roadmap
* Docker Container

# Notes
* Document the command line utility

* Akonadi Next rename (deemed necessary to not end in perpetual
confusion now that we have akonadi 5)

we are still looking for a name

will not be a user facing nawe are still looking for a name will be a me anyway

we need it for communication e.g. in our blog posts

kube-store: too exclusive perhaps?
pim-store: too broad perhaps?
KSE: Kube Storage Engine
KSS: Kube Storage System
KDS: Kube Data Synchronizer
PDB: Pim Data Base
KSSS: Kube Storage and Synchronization System
KISS: Kube Information Storage System
PISS: Personal Information Storage System
KDP: Kube Data Provider

* Progress

* Sandro worked on the otp. Decoupling form Messageviewer still
ongoing and requirement to declare this as solution for the time
being.

* Christian and Aaron did a partial client API review. There will be
some changes but no major ones.

* We'll require query usecases to be able to keep the complexity to
the necessary minimum

* Ux

* Giles will be the maintainer of the Ux vision for Kube + Roundcube
and we'll work through him

* https://git.kolab.org/w/ux/

* Discussion next week on tuesday

* Blogging/Mails

* get better with notes and publishing them on the ML

* weekly generic blogpost about progress + bi-weekly heighlight blogpost

* Documentation

* we need to publish the docs

* We'll try to put it on docs.kde.org otherwise it goes to readthedocs

* Roadmap

* we want to put the roadmap into kde-phabricator in a Kube-Roadmap project

* Docker Container

* What should be in there:

* develop enviromen

* experimentation kube container

* for designers

* for people to mess around

* would be nice for fosdem

* should allow for modification of QML (in a second step)

* should come with dataset

# WIP
* Akonadi Next Resource Testing
* Composer controller + UI