[Kde-pim] Akonadi and kdepimlibs reorganization

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Jan 18 19:08:34 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I just finished the merger of Akonadi client libraries and Akonadi Server into
a single repository. The client libraries have been moved from kdepimlibs.git
to akonadi.git, which means that akonadi.git now contains a self-contained
Akonadi Framework. With the Server now being an implementation detail of the
entire solution, I hope that this will allow for easier development by not
having to bother with dependencies between two repositories, and that it will
enable us to move to be a proper Framework one day.

kdepimlibs.git still contains the domain-specific Akonadi libraries (akonadi-
contact, akonadi-mime, akonadi-notes and akonadi-socialutils) and some
kioslaves. The domain-specific libraries could probably be merged with
akonadi-calendar and moved to akonadi-addons (?) repo. The kioslaves could
probably me moved to kdepim-runtime, since, well, they are runtime plugins :)
Eventually kdepimlibs.git master would be locked and preserved for historical
reference only.

Note that this above applies only to master branches of both repositories, the
stable branches (Applications/15.12) were untouched. If you are fixing
something in kdepimlibs.git Applications/15.12, please remember to backport to
akonadi.git master too (or let me know and I'll take care of it).

Cao,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683