[Kde-pim] akonadi indexing agent: Where does it check on what folders to index?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Feb 11 11:22:29 GMT 2016

(asking new devel related questions here instead of continuing on kdepim-
users)

Hello!

I am trying to get a clue on where it selects which folders to index? For my
huge maildir it can help to tell it not to index the large LKML folders and
some other large folders, and there is setting in KMail folder properties for
that in the maintenance tab. "Enable full text indexing" which I disabled for
the LKML folders.

I am not sure whether Akonadi indexing agent actually uses that setting tough.

I think it schedules indexing of folders in

 47 Scheduler::Scheduler(Index &index, const QSharedPointer<JobFactory>
&jobFactory, QObject *parent)
[…]
 64     //Schedule collections we know have missing items from last time
 65     m_dirtyCollections = group.readEntry("dirtyCollections",
QList<Akonadi::Collection::Id>()).toSet();
 66     qCDebug(AKONADI_INDEXER_AGENT_LOG) << "Dirty collections " <<
m_dirtyCollections;
 67     Q_FOREACH (Akonadi::Collection::Id col, m_dirtyCollections) {
 68         scheduleCollection(Akonadi::Collection(col), true);
 69     }
 70
 71     //Trigger a full sync initially
 72     if (!group.readEntry("initialIndexingDone", false)) {
 73         qCDebug(AKONADI_INDEXER_AGENT_LOG) << "initial indexing";
 74         QMetaObject::invokeMethod(this, "scheduleCompleteSync",
Qt::QueuedConnection);
 75     }
 76     group.writeEntry("initialIndexingDone", true);
 77     group.sync();
 78 }

of "scheduler.cpp", yet I don´t see any check for whether fulltext indexing is
enabled for the folder or not. Also I didn´t see a check in
scheduleCollection().

Do I miss something obvious?

If it is missing, maybe a junior job for me can be to add it.

Thanks,
--
Martin