[Kde-pim] [Differential] [Commented On] D927: Implement KDBusService alternative for Windows

aheinecke (Andre Heinecke) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 10 14:41:31 GMT 2016

aheinecke added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D927#18039, @kfunk wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D927#18037, @apol wrote:
  >
  > > Would it make sense to use QtSingleApplication?
  > >
  > > https://github.com/qtproject/qt-solutions/tree/master/qtsingleapplication
  >

  > +10.
  >
  > This looks like an exact reimplementation of the features provided by QtSingleApplication.

  No this was intended as a reimplementation of the Command Line call features provided by KDBusService(Unique). (no Application class)

  > @apol: Any idea if we could put a copy of QtSingleApplication (maybe rename, too) somewhere in KF5? This class is needed by several apps (can think of kate + kdevelop) on OS X (optional) + Windows (much needed, we don't want DBUS there).

  I've looked at QtSingleApplication beforehand and decided against it. As a qt-solution it's not to use as easy as a framework. Either I've made it in a Library / packaged it myself or copied the code into Kleopatra :-/ . I also wanted to have an interface Similar to KDBusService Unique. Like not Ifdef'ing the Class of the Application. And I still wanted to keep the dbusservice interface on Linux. I think you could implement the interface also with sockets in a more portable way. But I found Window Messages the simplest way to get this done without locking etc.

  Kleopatra already handled DBusService activate signals with arguments nicely and emitted the exitStatus signal for errors. No extra glue for sendMessage / message received required.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIM KDE PIM

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D927