[Kde-pim] Batch notifications vs. partial failures

Krzysztof Nowicki krissn at op.pl
Wed Feb 10 11:50:53 GMT 2016

Hi,

During implementation of Akonadi Exchange EWS Resource I've stumbled upon a dilemma on how to handle item moves/removals. EWS supports request that can handle multiple items, so implementing this via the ObserverV3 interface would be the obvious choice. However when a number of items have been moved/removed using a single request the Exchange response contains status information for each item and it can happen that an operation will succeed on one item, but fail for another.

When studying the Akonadi Resource API I couldn't find any way to report failures of single items, and at the same time commit changes of other ones. The only choice I see is to commit all item changes or abort the whole operation. However in case of a partial success/failure this would cause Akonadi to go out of sync against the server.

Could you provide me any hints on how to resolve this?

Regards
Chris