Akonadiserver crashing on log out

Daniel Vrátil me at dvratil.cz
Thu Dec 22 20:35:26 GMT 2016

On Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:38:25 PM CET ianseeks wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 December 2016 18:10:45 GMT ianseeks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This is happening quite often since the upgrade to kmail 5.4 etc. It pops
> > up a dr konqi dialog as per usual but as its logging out you do not have
> > time to do anything and the message on the dialog says you cant report it
> > as it doesn't have an address to allow it (sorry can't remember exact
> > wording) Is there any way to log this bug sensibly without any info?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ian
>
> Any ideas ? It happens usually after a "Retrieving Folder..." message being
> displayed and never recovering.

Hi,

there's a known crash in the server when client disconnects while the server
is still processing a request from that client. From the description it sounds
like you are hitting exactly this case. I'm trying to figure out the best way
how to deal with that situation in the code.

So no fix for now, but I'm aware of this problem. Hopefully I can find some
time over the holidays to look into it.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | me at dvratil.cz
facebook.com/danvratil | @danvratil | +DanVrátil

GPG Key: 0xF5065B61
Fingerprint: 76C9 2F08 5D0D 6F9E 5AD4 2BFD 3A85 0307 F506 5B61