kmail: Storage of messages in subfolders

Rüdiger Härtel r_haertel at gmx.de
Fri Dec 30 17:33:36 GMT 2016

Hello,

I have several subfolders where kmail sorts incoming messages into and
configured several filters (not sieve scripts) to a achieve this. The email is
requested off an POP3 account and the local mail is stored in maildir format.

However if I look into the subfolders on my disk I do see the subfolder on the
1st level. Subfolders and emails therin on the 2nd level are not stored on
disk.

So my question: Where are those files?
Has this someting to do with akonadi?

Just to be more verbose: