kmail 5.3.3. - attachmints not identified in message list if email is in a thread.

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Dec 2 19:54:27 GMT 2016

On Friday, December 2, 2016 3:34:11 PM CET ianseeks wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone else seeing this?

Hi,

> Message list does not always show an attachmint icon for an email that has
> an attachmint, even the Search filter cannot find emails with attachmints
> when the email is within a thread (unless its the first in list)

Yes, sometimes we don't know about the attachment in advance, usually until
you open the email and KMail can inspect its content and add the flag if
necessary. Same applies for encrypted emails. It's possible that the flag is
then lost on resync, although I think we have a guard against that.

> Had to spell a.t.t.a.c.h.m.e.n.t.s badly because the popup message warning
> that i appear to have mentioned this word but haven't actually
> a.t.t.a.c.h.e.d anything, does not allow me to "Send as is", its just hangs
> for a while before i can cancel the message.

Can't reproduce on current master, so it was probably fixed in Applications
15.12 (KMail 5.4).

> I have reported a bug .

Please add a bug number next time, so we can find it easier :-)

Dan

> Regards
>
> Ian

Daniel Vrátil