[Differential] [Request, 48 lines] D2602: Fix possible memory leaks and dangling pointers

dkurz (Denis Kurz) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 27 11:21:44 BST 2016

dkurz created this revision.
dkurz added a reviewer: KDE PIM.
dkurz set the repository for this revision to rKDEPIM KDE PIM.
Restricted Application added a project: KDE PIM.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-pim.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Instead of just assuming that all subwidgets were deleted, we use
  guarded pointers and check afterwards. We also assert that these
  pointers do not hold references to still existing widgets before
  re-assigning to them. This way, we also cannot forget to reset one
  of these pointers these pointers to nullptr, as it happened for
  the mFolderTreeWidget pointer. This might be related to
  bugs 367779 and 367836.

TEST PLAN
  Compile, run, play around extensively with re-layouting of the KMMainWidget, switching between long and short folder lists etc. This revealed the parent-of-mFavoriteModel issue btw ;)

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPIM KDE PIM

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2602