[Kde-pim] kmail KF5 and invitation attachments

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Wed Apr 27 16:23:13 BST 2016

On Mittwoch, 27. April 2016 11:23:14 CEST Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:36:07 AM CEST Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > was the support for ics attachments removed from kmail KF5 (kmail Version
> > 5.2.0) ? I no longer see the buttons inside an invitation mail allowing me
> > to accept/reject/comment... an invitation	.
>
> There currently seems to be a bug when displaying invitation. If you enable
> View -> Show Message Structure and then select the top-level node in the
> structure tree, you will magically get not one, but two previews of the
> invitations :-)

This is not happening here.
In the message structure I see 1 toplevel node with 3 subnodes
- plain text body
- html body
- VCS/ICS body

double-clicking on the top node just shows the mail body (plain text)
but without any chance to accept/decline the invitation

switching to HTML display does the same - no accept/decline buttons

double-clicking on the VCS/ICS part just shows in plain text the ICS content, e.g. like
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
VERSION:2.0

Do you have any way to show the accept/decline buttons ?
Without being able to act on such an invitation, I simply can not work and kmail is useless.
I just need to know if it SHOULD work and HOW I can manage to do so - even with some workaround.
Otherwise I need to go back to the KDE4 version, which I would like to avoid.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at