[Kde-pim] KCalCore porting...

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Fri Apr 1 17:08:25 BST 2016

Hi,

Notes for those at the sprint on where I'm at with ripping KDateTime
out of KCalCore.

Current code is on GitHub [1]. History is a bit messy, needs a bit of a tidy-up.

Everything related to KDateTime has been removed, except for KTimeZone
usage in IcalTimeZone* classes.

* dateOnly() removed, most places wasn't actually needed, or was
replaced with isAllDay()
* Date/time comparison internal copy made of KDateTime code
* KDateTime::currentUtcDateTime() =>QDateTime::currentDateTimeUtc()
* KDateTime::Spec replaced with own class CalTimeSpec, not overly
happy with this but better than adding lots of fields to api
* utcOffset() => offsetFromUtc()
* isUtc() => timeSpec() == Qt::UTC
* toUtc() => toUTC()
* Second occurrence support disabled(!!!)

I *think* last time I tried it did actually compile, I'm still trying
to get KF5 building on my Mac before I can check again...

Tasks for this weekend:
* Review the CalTimeSpec class, decide if there's a better way
* Work on a solution for IcalTimeZone* classes, it's tricky as it
probably can't use qtimezone as a base...
* Look at putting second occurrence, tz file loading, and VTIMEZONE
support up on Qt gerrit. again...

John.

[1] https://github.com/jlayt/kcalcore/commits/kf5-port-qdatetime