[Kde-pim] License incompatiblity in kdepim-addons 16.04

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:03:09 BST 2016

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 11:44:45 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> According to the legal review when submitting the above package to
> openSUSE, there is a mixture of GPL 2 only and GPL 3, which are
> incompatible. Quoting the legal team:
>
> "Multiple examples of GPL-2.0 (only) files and 12 examples of GPL-3.0.
> License incompatibility
> (plugins/messageviewerwebengineurlinterceptor/adblock/lib/*)"

Hi Luca,

I had a quick look at the code in this directory and I can understand that
this is causing an issue for licensing.

It seems that some code was copied from QupZilla for this, but in the source
file we have now the original QupZilla license (which is GPL-3.0) and they also
have a new license from Laurent that labels them as GPL-2.0.   An example is
adblockregexp.cpp.

We need to have this sorted out pretty fast before 16.04 is being released,
otherwise a lot of distributions would have an issue with this !!