[Kde-pim] QT 5.6.0

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 11:38:23 BST 2016

Hey,

> Plasma depends against on qt5.5 and it will depend against 5.6.1 when
> release (as I read).
> So Qt5.4 is not the minimum requires.

well but we don't have plasma as dependecy - kdepim should be installable
without Plasma.  Argumeting about Plasma is not a valid argument.

> After that I worked to port to qtwebengine and my focus for 16.08 is to
> migrate all to qtwebengine.
> So I will not wait 2 years to make it.
> I work a lot on it so I will switch in several weeks.

Nobody talks about waiting two years, but as already mentioned Qt 5.6 is
released only some weeks ago.

Why it is not a solution to check fot Qt5.6 and enable/disable the support
when Qt5.6 is available?

But my main point is: We need to discuss this first - before it is done
silently. Can we agree in that?

Regards,

sandro