[Kde-pim] Releasing KHolidays as a Framework

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Sep 1 19:28:35 BST 2015

On 31 August 2015 at 21:45, Sandro Knauß <mail at sandroknauss.de> wrote:

> But please do not rush things :) I think we should now inform application, we
> think, that they wanna use kholidays. And actually ask them if they give it a
> try. With this aditional reponse we could fix the API, were we didn't thought,
> that other applications use kholidays in an other way. Because if we enter the
> frameworks, the API/ABI is fixed again.

It's a very stable api, I gave it a major overhaul mid-KDE4 after I
rewrote the Plasma Clock support and saw what the api was missing
then. The api changes this time are mainly removing the stuff
deprecated at that time, and a couple of changes for consistency. But
I will be asking for an api/abi review as part of the Frameworks
review, I expect the process to take a couple of months anyway before
it does get included.

John.