[Kde-pim] Releasing KHolidays as a Framework

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Tue Sep 1 19:24:16 BST 2015

On 31 August 2015 at 21:23, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, August 31, 2015 08:16:39 PM John Layt wrote:

>> * Removed the gui widget
> ^^ has it moved somewhere else? if not, what's the replacement?

The only place it is used is the Plasma Clock KCM, so it will probably
go there in the interim. Longer term I'd hope we'd have a pim-widgets
library somewhere for things like that, pim-aware date-pickers, etc. I
could have made it Qt only but wasn't sure it would be so useful with
all the completion features removed, but we can easily add a QT
version later if needed.

KOrganizer doesn't use it as it can currently only use a single
holiday region at a time and needs substantial code changes before it
could use more than one region, we've got plenty of time to consider
things before then.

John.