[Kde-pim] Akonadi-next and KAccounts

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:34:40 BST 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:37 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, September 10, 2015 11.28:35 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> >> In Plasma, we have KAccounts, which serves as a central place for
> >
> > The relevant code is in the kaccounts-providers repository?
> >
> > (Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing before commenting
> :)
>
> It's mostly in kaccounts-integration (and upstream repositories).
> kaccounts-providers it's mostly text files to configure some common
> services and providers.
>
> If you want to see how it works, what helped me the most was
> GetCredentialsJob class in kaccounts-integration.

Useful might also be src/jobs/createaccount.[h,cpp], which basically shows
how the process of creating an account works.

KAccounts itself is mostly just a wrapper around libaccounts-qt5 (which
itself is a wrapper around libaccounts-glib), the upstream is located at
http://gitlab.com/accounts-sso and docs for that are still at google code
https://code.google.com/p/accounts-sso/

Cheers
--