[Kde-pim] delete chiasmus support in kdepim

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Oct 16 11:33:06 BST 2015

Hi Sandro,

On Tuesday 06 October 2015 13:30:15 Sandro Knauß wrote:
> > If it is not too much hassle (and it should not be), I would like to
> > generally like keep supporting this. This is a feature that can be an
> > argument for Institutional users in Germany to use KMail / Kleopatra
> > because it supports this. I'm not arguing that Chiasmus is a good thing
> > but
> > it is a requirement for some users which might be forced to Windows / more
> > proprietary Software if there are no Free Tools supporting this.
>
> Than please provide some testmails for kmail. I need something to test
> against otherwise I can't touch the whole Chiasmus handling in
> objecttreeparser and that would result in very ugly code and properly
> broken code. That's why I don't want to keep code, that is untestable for
> most people.

We've talked about this with users of Chiasmus and there is no Objection from
me or us (Intevation) anymore to remove Chiasmus support from KDE Master.
So feel free to go ahead and remove this.

> > At least in Kleopatra the support should be kept. It's not that much code
> > and doesn't complicate the code much as the Architecture is built on
> > "Multiple crypto backends" anyway.
>
> Kleopatra is not in my focus (at the moment).

I'll probably even remove this from Kleopatra. I've recently noticed that
Chiasmus in Kleopatra is actually disabled for Windows ;-)

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/