[Kde-pim] [kf5-]gpgmepp

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Nov 24 09:03:34 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Tuesday 24 November 2015 08:57:26 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday, November 23, 2015 1:09:25 PM CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quick question: gpgmepp is a dependency for kwallet, albeit an optional
> > one
> > (still not without importance I guess). Why is it part of "applications"
> > and not of "frameworks"?
>
> It was split from kdepimlibs, and we are somewhat slow at pushing stuff from
> PIM to Frameworks. Additionally there's a hope that we could upstream it to
> GpgME - they are interested in maintaining the C++ bindings, so that would
> mean even less work for us - for that reason gpgmepp was not pushed to
> Frameworks.
>
> Andre is the current maintainer of GpgME++, he might new what the current
> situation is.

Yes, Werner Koch the GpgME / GnuPG maintainer agreed that we should make
gpgmepp the official C++ bindings for GpgME and maintain them as part of gpgme.
(which is stated in the gpgme++ repo as the long term plan anyway).
The plan is to move the code in gpgme, get a release out that installs gpgme++
under a slightly different name or version and after that take out gpgme++ from
the KDE releases / retire the repo.

We won't get there before 15.12 though, probably start of 2016.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/