[Kde-pim] Jenkins mails make the list unreadable again.

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon May 25 23:35:12 BST 2015

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:22:20 AM Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Sunday, May 24, 2015 01:44:44 AM Mark Gaiser wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A few months ago i started reading this list again since the insane jenkins
> > flood + code style flood seemed to have died out. The list became readable
> > again!
> >
> > Since a few weeks that readability is gone again. At least 5 mails a day
> > from jenkins on a mailinglist that usually receives just a few mails/week
> > in terms of review requests and other pim related (non jenkins!) mails.
> >
> > That just annoys me. I like reading this list when there is actual
> > information on it. But jenkins is kinda flooding that. Can something be
> > done to prevent these floods and keep the list readable?
>
> As said above, fix the stuff, that's the solution.
>
> I actually spent quite some time making our stuff compile on OSX, and with
> some help from the CI team we have all the libraries green (or at least
> yellow, there's some problem with unittests on OSX CI atm) and the only two
> missing pieces are kdepim (due to a weird stdlib problem, see my mail from
> last week), and kdepim-runtime, which depends on kdepim on the CI for some
> reason  (hmm, and newly also libkgapi-kf5, but that looks like CI issue).
>

> So yep, the emails are annoying, but their purpose is to be annoying.
> Complaining about annoying emails is not going to stop them or make them being
> less annoying. The only way to make then not annoying is to stop them and the
> only proper way to stop them is to actually go and fix our damn stuff (and "I
> don't have Mac" is not an excuse, I don't have Mac either ;-)).

I'm happy to help test out Mac build and 'make test' fixes if someone asks.
Today I found that ki18n doesn't build for me on Mac but I notified the responsible person about it.

At the moment I'm trying to build all frameworks on Mac using kdesrc-build.
A few months ago I tried this and didn't get very far.

also.. did you notice the CI was complaining on Mac builder today..something about a timeout??