[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] KTimeTracker idile dialog box

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Mon Mar 16 16:05:32 GMT 2015

В письме от 16 марта 2015 15:40:08 пользователь Anne Wilson написал:
> On 16/03/2015 08:56, dhyan at nataraj.su wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am using KTimeTracker in order to track how much time I've spent
> > working on certain task. I've moved all programs connected to that
> > task to second desktop and configured automatic time tracking to
> > that desktop.
> >
> > One problem that I experienced is that when I go away KTimeTracker
> > shows on- idle window it offers two buttons: 1. Continue tracking
> > (not suitable for me as i was not working when i was away) 2.
> > Revert and stop tracking. Not suitable for me either, as I am going
> > to continue working. And after pressing that button auto tracking
> > on desktop activity stops working till I switch away from that
> > desktop and switch back again.
> >
> > I'd like to write a patch that provides an option when you press
> > button time is reverted and tracking is continued.
> >
> > Can you tell me what is the best way to do it: 1. Add button
> > "Revert and continue" into on idle dialog 2. Replace "Revert and
> > stop" with "Revert and continue" 3. Fix current "Revert and stop"
> > button so that it does not disable auto tracking
> >
> > As for me, I would prefer 1 or even 1+3. What would you advice?
>
> Not using ktimetracker at the moment, but I've used it in the past.
> Just some user comments, then.
>
> To me, "revert" implies cancelling everything out - setting to 0.  A
> user needs either to stop - implying a fresh start later - or to pause
> - implying that the time is saved, and continues to update when the
> pause button is clicked again (or a separate resume button if you prefer).
I am not native English speaker. For me revert in this case means: set timer
back to the time when I've walked away from the computer.

That's actually what user needs. May be word "Revert" is not accurate for
this. I do not know.

If you  are native speaker, and can offer better word for that describe the
situation, it would be great.

We've moved this discussion into kde-pim at kde.org, join us there ;-)