[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] KTimeTracker idile dialog box

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Tue Mar 17 23:31:37 GMT 2015

Hey,

> 1. Can you tell me what should I do in order to see the output of
>  kDebug(5970) << "Entering function";

the thing you are search is kdebugdialog. Open this and search for
ktimetracker. Than you see the relavant buttons. What the number means - i do
not know exactly. Keep in mind, that this messages are either logged in the
console ouput or at .xsessions-errors. That could grow rapidly if there is
much debug output...
After you close kdebugdialog run the program you want to look at the output...

> 2. I've added Revert and Continue button to the dialog. But it is not ready
> for commit yet, because after closing Idle dialog box KTimeTracker looses
> ability to do any on idle/on active  actions. Does not show on idle window
> again, do not start on active tasks, etc... I should find out why. So I need
> answer to question 1. :-)

 I think you have to run startIdleDetection to restart the _timer again. But
maybe also look at taskview.cpp if there is also surounding code, that needs
to be run before starting the timer again.

Btw. please rename function names with CamelCase [1]. Also a notice for now,
because this patches added new i18n strings, that needs to be translated, the
patch can't go into the stable branch. So in the end the patch has to port to
KF5. I know setting up a KF5 setup can take time - so let's focus first on the
patch and afterwards polish it for commit :)

Regads,

sandro

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdepim_Coding_Style - the file
idletimedetector do not follow the coding style :) but please do not fix the
coding style in the same commit;  only lines you touched anyways.