[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] KTimeTracker idile dialog box

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Mon Mar 16 15:58:10 GMT 2015

В письме от 16 марта 2015 12:19:34 пользователь Sandro Knauß написал:
> Hi,
>
> > I'd like to write a patch that provides an option when you press button
> > time is reverted and tracking is continued.
>
> Welcome to the community and cool that you want to fix it on your own.
> Actually your mail is beeter placed at the developers list:
> kde-pim at kde.org
Ok, let' move discussion here

> > Can you tell me what is the best way to do it:
> > 1. Add button "Revert and continue" into on idle dialog
> > 2. Replace "Revert and stop" with "Revert and continue"
> > 3. Fix current "Revert and stop" button so that it does not disable auto
> > tracking
>
> The proble is I never used ktimetracker on my own. I think option 1 is a
> good idea. Because it is a third option you can make at this point. I would
> expect, if you go with option 3, than you end up, that it won't never stop
> tracking. Because the desktop on which the timetracker is actiong will ever
> be active afterwards.
The point is, that when I configure TimeTracker to track my activity on Second
Desktop, I really need TimeTracker to start counting whenever I do anything at
Desktop 2.

But When I says "Revert and Stop",it stops tracking Desktop 2, and starts
again only if I switch to Desktop 1 and then back to Desktop 2.

"Revert and Stop" is really needed when you do not use activity tracking. Then
it is good.

I would offer the following solution:
We have three buttons:
1. Continue tracking
2. Revert and continue
3. Revert and stop

If all active trackers are activity trackers binded to some desktops then
third button is disabled.

If there is at least one active tracker that is not binded to desktop
activity, then 3rd button is enabled, and if user presses it and then start
some activity in desktop that has tracker binded to it, then that tracker is
started again.