[Kde-pim] Akonadi taking HUGE place in $HOME

Yves Caniou yves.caniou at ens-lyon.fr
Fri Mar 27 16:53:35 GMT 2015

Hi Martin,

Sorry being so long to answer.

Le lundi 16 mars 2015 17:06:18 Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> Am Montag, 16. März 2015, 10:08:10 schrieb Yves Caniou:
> > Hi,
>
> HI Yves,
>
> > $ du -h ~/.local/share/akonadi
> > 14G     /home/ycaniou/.local/share/akonadi
> >
> > and the directory was created only 17days ago.
> >
> > Is there a mean to limit the place taken by akonadi?
> > -- I removed this directory weighting more than 30GB 17days ago...
>
> Now this *is large*, but it is not a new issue.

And it's going larger unfortunately:

$ du -h .local/share/akonadi
20G     .local/share/akonadi/file_db_data
4,0K    .local/share/akonadi/db_misc
102M    .local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi
306M    .local/share/akonadi/db_data
21G     .local/share/akonadi

$ du -h .local/share/local-mail
904M    .local/share/local-mail/

> > In https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi, it is said to change
> > the settings innodb_log_file_size, but the value is only set to 64M
> > already (in /home/ycaniou/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf btw, not in
> > ~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf, but unsure if the location here
> > matters).
> >
> > I'm running app-office/akonadi-server-1.13.0 from Gentoo.
> > I also have kde-base/akonadiconsole-4.14.3 installed, in case that might
> > help.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
>
> First, please share details on your setup, expecially mail account size
> and configuration, for example do you use offline IMAP or not. Versions of
> Akonadi, KMail…

The 3 main accounts are IMAPS,
1- 548MiB + off-line use
2- 36MiB
3- 217MiB + off-line use

Kmail is v-4.14.3
akonadi-server is v-1.13.0

Finding these information lead me to see that there is an optionnal "complete
text indexation" that is ON.
What is this option really doing? Could it be that turning OFF would solve the
thing?

> Second, please review kdepim-users mailing list for the thread
>
> [kdepim-users] Work-around to issues with Akonadi file based caching

I just read the exchanges.
I'll wait for an answer about the option mentionned above.
Depending on that, I'll first run the
akonadictl fsck then akonadi vacuum and see what's happening.
Depending on the results after a few days, try the SizeThreshold and the
manipulation and come back with the results.

Thank you!

.Y